You are Invited!
Come and join the BC Sheep Federation and be part of the Sheep Producer's Community.
Supporting BC’s Sheep and Wool Industry on a Provincial and Federal Level.
For a $35.00 per year membership fee, you receive:
- A quarterly newsletter/magazine full of useful articles to give you ideas and information useful to you on your farm
- A place to voice your opinion regarding issues affecting you on your farm,
- A place to learn about issues that may affect you (ie: farm assessment, national identification, meat inspection regulations, etc)
- A place to learn about funding opportunities for you on your farm (ie: OFFS funding for equipment, Environmental Farm Plan, Growing Forward, etc).
- The BC Sheep Federation is recognized as "the voice" of the industry. You are being represented with the Canadian Sheep Federation, on the National On Farm Food Safety program, National Animal Welfare program, the Provincial Farm Animal Care Committee, etc, etc. Find the association in your region.
- Representatives for BCSF have lobbied for you regarding the new meat inspection regulations, the new Ag plan of the provincial government, meetings with government Opposition who are raising issues regarding you, the farmer, in the legislature, and bent the ear of the federal Parliamentary Secretary to Agriculture.
- Do you want to be heard???
- Free advertising for your farm is available on the Buyer's Guide page which is a great tool meant to help join buyers of sheep and lamb (purchasers, customers) with sellers (producers). A simple table indicating what each farm has to offer, and the relative numbers, it becomes useful to all sizes of producers and purchasers, whether a customer is looking for one cut-and-wrapped lamb or
a purchaser wants 300.
SUBCRIPTION ONLY (3 Issues of the N'EWES) $25.00 PER YEAR
To join please fill out the membership form below and mail it along with dues to:
* Please note: BCSF members will be mailed the N’Ewes, three times per year, as well as information thought to be of value to sheep producers. Due to recent changes in the Privacy Regulations Act please chose YES or NO to whether you would like to be sent this information as seen on the form below!
Barbara Ydenberg, Membership Secretary
27382 84th Ave.